Sunday, January 8, 2012

Inspiration comes from the strangest places!

This Blog is my New Years resolution to focus on all of the wonderful things in my life and to appreciate how lucky I am! For those of you who know me or my family, you may know that last year was a particularly tough one for us.

My inspiration for this Blog came to me today (kind of out of the blue) as I was cleaning and listening to NPR. A story came on the radio about a new program that military psychologists are starting with the troops in Afghanistan. (Ok, when you hear something about our military - Positive is not the first word that comes to mind - right?!). The military psychologists are trying to boost troop moral by getting everyone to write down 3 positive things that have happened to them each day. They interviewed some soldiers and it seems to be helping.

As I listened, it occurred to me that this might be a really good thing for me to focus on and do and that a Blog would be the perfect way to document this and share it with my family and friends. Get the Positive energy flowing - good karma, right?!

But I will make one promise to myself as I embark upon this Blog. I vow that I will not visit the darkside - no Ying/Yang! No comparisons of the light to the dark. No backhanded positive reflections that could tend towards the negative - like it wasn't really that bad... This Blog is an outlet to focus on the good ONLY. You know, those small random acts of kindness and moments that bring joy into your life or a smile to your face. This may bore the pants off of all of those who read it. But guess what??!! - that doesn't matter because this is just for me!

I want to start this Blog on Day #1 of 2012 - Can you retro date Blog entries?? I'll try to see if I can. If not, I guess I'll have to play catch for a day or two.

Thanks for reading! Smile - It does make you feel better!

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment